Sunday 22 January 2012

Threshold


In life we all stand on the precipice of thresholds, but very few of those moments are the ones that define us as individuals, and inevitably break down our character to expose any potential flaws and gradually builds us back up to be able to step over that threshold and face whatever obstacle lies ahead of us. I stand on the precipice of one of those thresholds. The life-defining threshold, which will mould me into the person I am meant to be, because I do believe this happened to make me into that person.

I apologize if this post is disjointed at times, tomorrow and Tuesday are the most significant days of my life and thus my attention seems broken. I remain resolute in my stance that I am not scared, there is nothing to fear but fear itself. I am in the best hands possible, my mind is ready and I have the most unfaltering support team possible.

Having said that, the mind still thinks and I am only human. What has kept my mind busy is the unknown variables, the fact that I do not know what they will find in there (my brain). I am ready for the operation, that requires very little on my part, I arrive, give them my arm, let the team know that I am ready and then off to sleep I go. I am not so excited about the tests I will endure today. My Monday will most probably comprise of a battery of medical tests that incorporate blood tests, physical checks, medical history, scans, MRI’s and whatever else they can throw at me. I knew full well what I was getting myself into, and I know that these tests are par for the course. The mind will still play the game of unknown variables.

I have always believed in a simple philosophy, “Start in the beginning, go until the end, then Stop”. That is precisely how I intend to fight this battle, from beginning to end, with everything I have. I know the road is long, and testing, but I also know that the people supporting me will help me ride out the storm. I have made sure that whatever happens, I will endure this journey and I will be as positive as possible throughout. At times it is and will continue to be lonely in America, I miss my family and friends back home but I am not here to whimper, this requires a strong constitution and a mind focused on the task.

4 comments:

  1. Kennaird Barrett22 January 2012 at 22:07

    Hey Brad thinking about you today , your attitude is truly inspiring ! All the best !!
    Kennaird

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brad. It's great to see your deep strength and fortitude though this challenging part of your life. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best bud, kick this thing in the ass !

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best for today Brad, thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete